Tuesday, February 22, 2005

White Grubworms ooze black when you squish them


white grubworm
Originally uploaded by killy.
We found five of these little bastards when we were weeding our little 'garden area'. I guess these guys might have been to blame for killing all my pepper plants last year. I think they've been feeding on the roots of my rosemary tree.

Immediately, i threw down some granules that are supposed to kill/discourage grubs and watered it in. I didn't know what else to do. Sean, a friend here at work, tells me that i could have simply killed them as i found them and things would have been fine. I believe him, but i'd like to ask amber what her opinion would be? Did I do wrong be resorting to a 'treatment' immeidately? Would constant tilling over of the soil have been a better answer?

My big worry now is that of eating tomatoes and peppers out of the ground where i've put 'pesticides'. is this any worse than what i would get from a super-market?

No comments:

Post a Comment