Sunday, May 14, 2006

A few notes

1. I am so excited that there will be a new, mega-Whole Foods in Houston. This means I will never have to visit you losers in Austin again.

Except for Book People and hills and Toy Joy and Kerbey Lane and, well, Amber.

Ok, I'll be back, but should the hills ever decide to migrate to Houston (and what an event that would be!), I definitely will never visit Austin again. Because I probably wouldn't survive the Great Migration of the Hills.

2. Mosquitoes in the backyard: how do I get rid of them? Because they are putting a crimp in my plans to turn the backyard into a swinging bachelorette hang.

3. Killy and Carol: I'm sorry I missed you yesterday and thank you for the aloe and the gnome. I named him Gifty the Free Gnome and his Basket of Ham. I will return the favor with a lovely basil plant asap.

4. Diatomaceous earth really does get rid of critters, it just takes about three months to work.

5. I held the door open at the Galleria Starbucks Palace for a girl who was about six feet tall, dark tan, with camo gauchos, impeccable makeup and very expensive sunglasses. I stared at her down as she walked through, expecting a smile or something. She walked through without looking at me, much less saying thank you. It was as if I was meant to hold the door open for her and it should be a true honor for me to get to do so. My question: What is the appropriate response to this?

6. I mean, I know I'm not pretty like Queen Starbucks, but at what point did that mean I wasn't worthy of her glance?

7. Bitch.

8. I saw Akeelah and the Bee last night with my mom. It was a pretty good movie, except it was geared toward kids and had one, completely unnecessary instance of the word "shit" in it, uttered by an 11-year-old. I was scandalized and I'm 28. I have no doubt that one word garnered the movie the coveted PG rating, rather than the horrid G, but I would have been mighty angry had I had a kid there.

9. Got home and watched The Squid and the Whale. Anyone else seen this? I don't think it could have been bleaker had it tried, but it was very satisfying.

10. Anyone interested in seeing this? I know Brian won't go with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment