Thursday, June 19, 2008

Hi everyone,

I know I'm a terrible keeper-in-toucher. Anyway, I hope everyone's doing well. Not much has changed for me: I'm still in Hannover, still working on my dissertation... Ari's starting school this year. Karin's still busy as ever as a teacher. I'm still happy to be where I am and to be doing what I'm doing, but I'm looking forward to some changes too (especially being through with the PhD).

On another note: anyone able to watch the UEFA European cup going on? I'm not exactly the biggest soccer fan in the world, but it's been exciting to follow the matches. I suspect Germany will lose out to Portugal tonight... Any picks for the winner? Netherlands?

And on yet another note: a short essay of mine, "Techno-Habitats and Media Habits: Reflections on Contemporary Children's Television," came out today in an Australian online journal (here). Another essay, "Re-Embodying the Sonographic Experience," came out in the same journal in December (you can reach it through the "Archives" link, issue 11). I'm starting to think of these as part of an incipient series (maybe "Techno-Phenomenology for Parents"). Take a look if you get a chance, and let me know what you think.

Take care, and I'll try to keep in touch a little better.

Shane

No comments:

Post a Comment