Friday, January 21, 2005

iPod made new again ...

I had been reluctant to post about this because i was scared that i had broken it somehow. maybe i am too heavy handed sometimes with my ipod? About a week ago, the ipod froze while i was listening to it while i was reading a book. It just stopped. I tried not to react, a la Adolph, hoping that my nonchalance would somehow make the ipod believe that there really wasn't a problem at all and it should just start working again to bring the universe back into balance. So i left the silent earbuds in my ears as i continued reading. Maybe half and hour later (i had actually forgotten that i still had the earbuds in my ears) the ipod was still dead and the screen was frozen. The buttons didin't respond รข€“ not even a click-y sound.

I just put in my backback and hoped that once i juiced it up it would return back to normal. I left the ipod on the charger overnight. When i came back to it the next day, the clickwheel and buttons were responding once again. Confident that the charge had done it, i chose a song. It froze again. No song. No sound.

I was scared.

I avoided the ipod for a few days. I came back to it yesterday. Over the days i thought about all the music i had on there (most of it is backed up to a data DVD)I plugged it into the powebook to see if i could hear the songs from there. I could. I could even copy, delete and access data from it. I figured at this point that maybe there was some problem with the touchpad.

I went to the apple store today and asked about how much it would cost to get an ipod repaired. I was lucky to get the guy i did, he asked me what was wrong and suggested that i try to reset the ipod by holding down the two middle buttons (menu and play/pause) at the same time for about six seconds.

As soon as i got home I did exactly what he said, and VOILA! MY IPOD CAME BACK TO LIFE.

thanks, apple guy!

Hope this helps someone else at some point.

No comments:

Post a Comment