Thursday, January 13, 2005

Printer Problems

Hola mi computadora amigos! I'm having some problems with my printer -- we've steadily had a deteriorating relationshop between our iMac and our hp psc 2210 all-in-one printer/scanner/copier... it started with us not being able to print on random occasions ... the problem was always remedied by us turning off the computer and printer and rebooting...



now, it says "unable to open printer connection" and won't print after a reboot -- I've uninstalled and reinstalled the printer driver 3 times now to no avail, paid hp tech suppport guy $30 for phone chat to no avail, rebuilt my desktop, unplugged printer from power strip and plugged into wall socket.



The weird thing is, we can scan and copy still, we just can't print -- so far, I've tried printing from word, photoshop, and outlook and had no success ... but when i click on the printer toolbox and print a test or a diagnostic report, it works! oh, and I went out and bought a new USB line, which didn't help ... and tried unplugging it from one USB port and putiing it into another one.



Any ideas???

No comments:

Post a Comment