Wednesday, August 31, 2005

hi from germany

Hi everyone, and thanks Paul (or do you prefer Pablo?), Killy, and Ryan for the e-mails. Thanks for the invitation to join, Killy. I don't have a lot of time to write right now, but I wanted to let you know where I am, what I'm doing, etc. I've been living in Hannover, Germany for the past six years now (after a year in Poland). I did a master's in English (more specifically, American studies--the irony) and philosophy here, which I finished last September. Now I'm working on my dissertation (on Frankenstein films and human-technological interfaces) and trying to get funding. I've been teaching language classes (writing, translation) at the English department since I've been in Germany, and this coming semester I'm teaching my first seminar (on, what else, Frankenstein films). And yes, the rumors are true: I got married in 2001 to a wonderful woman named Karin, and we have a 3-year old son named Ari. I'm attaching a recent picture of Ari. I'll post pictures of myself and Karin soon. Gotta run, though, talk to you all later,
Shane
PS: I don't really know what I'm doing yet, so I hope I didn't just upload a gigantic picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment