Tuesday, February 7, 2006

My iBook Hard-drive is Toast...

Ok well this ibook lasted about 1 year and 3 months. Thanks to Adolph and his SuperDuper tip I have a fully bootable backup on a firewire drive…

Did the hard-drive fail because I use my computer so much, carrying it to-and-from work and to-and-from the coffee-shop? Or did the Laptop Gnomes, knowing that I had just blown my budget on plane tickets to Argentina and that my income would probably be severely reduced for next couple of months, decide that now was the most inconvenient and troublesome time to put biscuit batter in the hard-drive?

macservice.com says that they will put a new 40GB 5400 RPM hard-drive in for 195 of the dollars.. Is it worth it? Should I have gotten AppleCare? Does one wait for the new computers from Apple to come out, and by purchasing one take the risk of getting a 1st generation lemon?

Ay, ay ay, not something I wanted to be dealing with right now…

No comments:

Post a Comment