Tuesday, July 17, 2007

i don't know what...i don't understand...


i don't know what...i don't understand...
Originally uploaded by ultrakickgirl

it was 3:35 in the morning
i know this because i was fully awake and looked at the clock
i was fully awake because in the middle of my sleep
i felt Paola crawling from her nest between killy and me toward the foot of the bed
and she had gotten to my ankles when i sat up reaching towards her fleeting little legs to keep her from falling off the edge of the bed
i only grasped the air though
there was no sound
i looked over and saw her
fast asleep
in her nest between killy and me
breathing steadily and dreaming peacefully
i put my arm around her, just in the case that she would try that stunt later and closed my eyes breathing in her smell
...
a second later
adolfo fell out of his bed onto the floor of his room
...
killy ran to his aid

No comments:

Post a Comment