Monday, June 23, 2003

Hello all!

I was waiting for my breakfast taquito when this came on!

I had to smily warmly with visions of yesterday in my head.



MONDAY, 23 JUNE 2003

From The Writer's Almanac



Poem: "Why I Take Good Care of my Macintosh," by Gary Snyder (used by permission of the poet).



Why I Take Good Care of my Macintosh



Because it broods under its hood like a perched falcon,

Because it jumps like a skittish horse

and sometimes throws me

Because it is poky when cold

Because plastic is a sad, strong material

that is charming to rodents

Because it is flighty

Because my mind flies into it through my fingers

Because it leaps forward and backward,

is an endless sniffer and searcher,

Because its keys click like hail on a boulder

And it winks when it goes out,



And puts word-heaps in hoards for me,

dozens of pockets of

gold under boulders in streambeds, identical seedpods

strong on a vine, or it stores bins of bolts;

And I lose them and find them,



Because whole worlds of writing can be boldly layed out

and then highlighted and vanish in a flash

at "delete" so it teaches

of impermanence and pain;

And because my computer and me are both brief

in this world, both foolish, and we have earthly fates,

Because I have let it move in with me

right inside the tent

And it goes with me out every morning

We fill up our baskets, get back home,

Feel rich, relax, I throw it a scrap and it hums.





No comments:

Post a Comment