Sunday, April 17, 2005

The popular musics of the day.

I've known Amber for over ten years, yet her taste in music remains a mystery. A couple of days ago, while I visited Austin (and managed not to get a contact high from all of the clearly very high drivers there), she mentioned liking the Polyphonic Spree. I remember in high school she liked the Violent Femmes a lot. And she's been to a couple of Ben Folds shows with me. Other than this, I'm in the dark. Though, to her credit, she's pretty much up for trying anything, as evidenced by the many bad Houston bands she's willingly seen with me.

Adolph I've known for less time. Two and a half years about. All I can discern about his taste in music is this: he'll rip anything you give him onto his ipod. And when he plays stuff from his ipod for mood music, most of it really doesn't sound much like music at all, rather more like scientific experiments of what music could be if all of the human emotion was kicked out of it. (Love you, man.)

So, longtime friends of Adolph (LFoA), I ask you: what is it that Adolph likes? Adolph himself can answer, but I'm just wondering if it's as much a mystery to anyone else as it is to me. Amber mentioned that they don't talk about music, so I wondered if his tastes are a very private thing or if he just doesn't think about music enough to talk about it.

Discuss!

No comments:

Post a Comment